Cafe Las Flores is Nicaragua’s finest coffee company and is owned and operated by the Palazio family.
The family’s ancestors began cultivating coffee on the Mombacho Volcano in the late 19th century.
The family continues to produce “THE BEST” coffee this fairly non-coffee drinker has ever had.
Cafe Las Flores is the first Nicaraguan farm to score 98% in the Rainforest Alliance certification solidifying their commitment to sustainability.
We were given a tour of the farm and were able to learn about coffee production.
We also learned what being Rainforest Alliance Certified means:
1. Less water pollution and erosion.
2. Reduced threats to the environment and human health including farm workers.
3. Protection of wildlife habitat.
4. Less water and waste.
5. More efficient farm management.
6. Improved profitability and competitiveness for farmers collaborating with conservationists.
“Best cup of coffee around!”