What am I doing in Nicaragua?

Leaving behind the comforts of home: technology, air conditioning, ice, one might ask- What am I doing here?

IMG_1160We could say it is to experience the amazing food of Nicaragua…..

IMG_1137Or the beautiful landscape that this country has to offer……

IMG_1189Those are only secondary reasons we travel to Nicaragua…

IMG_1168We came here to learn about the people, the culture, and the food of Nicaragua but more importantly, we came to work alongside our new friends in El Trapiche build a playground for the adorable kiddos there.

IMG_1191IMG_1192

We did a walking tour of El Trapiche and learned all about the water issues here in the community.

IMG_1177 IMG_1178

IMG_1180

It was only within the last three years that the community members didn’t have to walk several kilometers to get clean water.

IMG_1227 IMG_1229

IMG_1247

IMG_1269 IMG_1261

IMG_1252

Water was carried to the school from the water reserve down the hill, cement was mixed, dirt shoveled and bricks laid. What an amazing job the gators did today! They never cease to amaze me!!!! We are so proud of your daughters…..

Stay tuned for more worksite stories as well as cultural experiences!!!

About xcpgator

I am lucky enough to be a mother of two wonderful children, a teacher to hundreds of talented students and a coach. There is nothing like traveling to an amazing place and watching hearts open to new experiences and people. This is why I am so passionate about our trip to Nicaragua with Me to We. I hope you enjoy reading about our adventures!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to What am I doing in Nicaragua?

1. Brooke Machen says:

Looks like the girls are all smiles and having a good time while doing a lot of good! Thanks for all of the updates. I look forward to seeing them everyday.

2. Anonymous says:

Thanks for posting so many updates! It looks like an amazing experience.

3. carterz602 says:

Looks like they are doing well. Are there many bugs or bites? The weather here in Phx is about the same temp, but not the humid part. Thank you for the photos and updates I sleep better just seeing her “Cydeni”

4. Kelly Ingram says:

We love seeing the pictures and updates! The girls look like they’re having fun and working hard–I’ll bet there are some sore muscles! Looking forward to seeing what’s next! Thank you!

5. xcpgator says:

The weather is hot and humid but the girls are doing great. It is very windy here now. Yes- Ashlyn is eating and doing great with beans and rice! Lots of beans and rice 🙂

6. Mirav Bradshaw says:

Thank you so much for the great updates and pictures! It is so fun to see all of the girls working and enjoying:) How is the weather? and is my vegetarian daughter (Miss Ashlyn) eating? haha.

7. Anonymous says:

8. Jenn Blake says:

Keep up the great work and spirits! Thank you for the updates and photos!